September 18, 2013

Zucchini (No Noodle) Lasagna

Recently, I've been experimenting with a few different zucchini recipes, as I'm sure many of you are also doing these days. I wanted to expand my zucchini repertoire beyond my usual zucchini bread and zucchini soup. So for a whole week, I became obsessed with achieving the perfect zucchini pizza crust. 


As my living companions can attest to, for days on end, I could be found grating bowlfuls of zucchinis and trying (yet again) at another crust. I came up with some pretty tasty crusts, but they all came out kind of omelette-like or some other variation of awkward. Certainly not worthy of sharing with the world. Besides, pizza is a perfect food as it is, why mess with it? So I abandoned that idea and traded my zucchini pizza zeal for a pasta-free zucchini lasagna instead. And this time, I got somewhere. Here it is, on video, set to the enchanting melody of one of my favorite singers, Julie Doiron.



This zucchini lasagna took a couple trials to get just right because there's one little problem with subbing zucchini slices for lasagna noodles: zucchini is full of water! So if you bake it straight up, you will get a pretty soupy lasagna. In my post on PBS Food, where you'll also find the recipe, I explain a few tricks for how to get around that.


I would love to hear about your own zucchini adventures and recipe favorites. Please leave me a note below. Or join the conversation on my Facebook page.




Find the recipe hereBuon appetito! 

4 comments:

  1. This looks so incredibly yummy! Love the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make all of your food look so beautiful! I love veggie lasagnas. Will definitely give this one a whirl. :)
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this recipe twice and I must say that it is very good but also a ton of work!

    ReplyDelete